Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A few more baby quilts!

Progress is being made on my spiderweb quilt, but who needs more pics of progress....until it is nearly done!  So, here are a few more of my baby quilts.

This first one was recently sold on ebay....yippee!



This next one was made using a bunch of hand pieced blocks that I had lost interest in.....but they were hand pieced, so ya just gotta do something with them!


And finally, this was a pattern I saw in a catalog.....might have been Keepsake, but can't remember.....I like to cut out pics from magazines and catalogs to give me inspiration.....I never use the exact pattern, always bits of this or that.....but I really like the way it turned out.


The first two quilts were machine quilted with an all-over meandering stitch, and this last one has that, but in the white background pieces, I did a really small stipple.

I've been rearranging my sewing room.....now that the bed is out!  I was helping my friend, Brenda, set up her sewing room, and was so jealous that she had so much space.  When I got home, I boohooed it up big, and convinced my hubby that we didn't need 3 guest rooms, and that I should have one of them for just sewing!  Sweet!  (And yes, we have needed 3 guest rooms before, many times, because they all seem to come in a mob to go skiing!)  But as Brenda said, "You live here 365 days a year, and they're only here for a few days....you should get the room!"  I like her thinking!

So, I'm very happy with all the space!  It was like a maze to get to the ironing board before, but not now!!!  Yippee!

regan  :o)

2 comments:

  1. I love all three quilts. Any momma would be happy to have one to snuggle her baby in.

    Yay! Your own sewing room. I'm sure you'll feel like you're in heaven!!

    ReplyDelete